1 June 2018
The 2018 Golden Ken Promotion is now open! See flyer below for further details, and CLICK HERE to donate and enter online. For any questions, or to donate over the phone, please contact our office on 8534 0100.
CHEVRA HATZOLAH MELBOURNE INC “CHEVRA HATZOLAH GOLDEN KEY 2018” PROMOTION
HOW TO ENTER
To receive an entry into the draw, eligible consumers/sponsors must, during the promotional period, make a donation of $100 or more in one instance to Chevra Hatzolah Melbourne Inc., via either of the following methods:
(a) send their donation, along with their name, telephone number, email address and street address, from a Victorian address to “Golden Key Promotion 2018” Chevra Hatzolah, 320 Orrong Road, Caulfield North VIC 3161, so that it is received by last mail on 04/07/18; or
(b) hand their donation, and confirm their name, telephone number, email address and street address, to an authorised Chevra Hatzolah fund raiser in Victoria before 5pm AEST on 04/07/18; or
(c) visit http://hatzolah.org.au and follow the link to access the donation and entry page https://www.stickytickets.com.au/70403, select the number of entries required, provide all of the requested details including name, telephone number, email address, street address, and submit donation by 5pm AEST on 04/07/18.
All donors will be issued with a numbered entry confirmation by email from Sticky Tickets, and a receipt by email from the office of Chevra Hatzolah Melbourne. Entrants must retain their numbered ticket and their receipt from all donations for verification purposes. Entrants must ensure that they provide all of the requested details when making the donation (including but not limited to their name, telephone number, email address, and street address), as otherwise their entry may be deemed invalid by the Promoter. In the event a person who wishes to make a donation does not have a valid email address, the Promoter will print a hard copy of the person’s numbered ticket and receipt and provide it to them in person (where relevant) or by mail.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Subject to clauses 3 and 4, entry is only open to residents of the State of Victoria (Australia) who make a qualifying donation during the promotional period.
3. Entrants under 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this promotion.
4. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister, niece or nephew.
5. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
6. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid. Anonymous donations will not be eligible to receive an entry.
7. Multiple entries permitted, subject to the following: (a) one entry permitted per $100 donation; and (b) each donation must be submitted in accordance with entry requirements. For the sake of clarity, if an entrant makes a $500 donation, he/she will receive five (5) entries.
8. Entrants must retain their original numbered tickets and receipt(s) for all entries as proof of meeting the donation requirement. Failure to produce the numbered tickets and receipt(s) for all entries when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation of ALL of an entrant’s entries and forfeiture of any right to a prize.
9. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
10. Promotion commences on 01/06/18. Entries close 5.00pm AEST on 04/07/18 (for online donations and donations handed into an authorised Chevra Hatzolah fund raiser) and last mail received on 04/07/18 (for mail donations). The draw will take place at Chevra Hatzolah Melbourne Incorporated, 320 Orrong Road, Caulfield North, VIC 3161 on 11/07/18 at 12:00pm (noon) AEST.
11. Winners will be notified by mail and their names will be published online at www.hatzolah.org.au on 16/07/18.
12. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Chance to Participate in the Game
13. The first valid entry drawn from all valid entries received (“Participant”) will win the opportunity to participate in “The Winning Pick Game” (“Game”) as set out in clause 17.
$2,500 Travel Voucher Prize
14. The second valid entry drawn from all remaining entries received will win a $2,500 travel voucher that can be redeemed for international air travel only and a $500 travel insurance voucher, from FBI Travel.
Flights are subject to the availability of the authorised class and booking category. Travel is not valid on domestic flights. Travel must be booked and tickets issued by 31/01/19 for travel completed no later than 30/06/19. Prize tickets purchased with the travel voucher are not upgradeable and an upgrade cannot be purchased on the tickets with cash or Frequent Flyer points or other rewards. Travel voucher is non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash or other goods or services. Accommodation, spending money, meals, taxes (excluding airline, airport taxes and GST), additional insurance and any insurance excesses, passports and visas (if necessary), transport to and from departure point, transfers and all other ancillary costs associated with redeeming the air travel are the responsibility of the winner.
The $500 travel insurance voucher is provided through Aussie Travel Cover. The winner (and any companion/s) will each be required to fully complete a travel insurance application form provided by the Promoter, and may also be required to undergo medical tests as required by FBI Travel (or Aussie Travel Cover), in order to redeem the travel insurance voucher. Any person found guilty of insurance fraud or failure to honestly and accurately disclose all relevant insurance information at the time of applying for a travel insurance policy or when making a claim forfeits any rights or entitlements to the travel insurance voucher part of the prize. Travel insurance will be provided by, and is subject to approval by, FBI Travel (or Aussie Travel Cover). Pre-existing medical cover (if required) will be subject to an additional cost, and will be the responsibility of the winner. Travel insurance is subject to the terms and conditions issued by FBI Travel (or Aussie Travel Cover), including but not limited to any limitations on the extent of cover and the covered amount.
$1,000 Only 1 VISA Prepaid Card Prize
15. The third valid entry drawn from all remaining entries received will win a $1,000 Only 1 VISA prepaid card.
The Only 1 Visa prepaid card must be activated prior to use and must be used prior to the expiry date shown on front of card or any remaining value will be forfeited. Card cannot be extended, or replaced if lost or stolen. Only 1 Visa prepaid cards can be used at most merchants where prepaid Visa is accepted. Card can be used to make online purchases, at more than one merchant, and to make purchases outside of Australia (purchases made in
foreign currency are subject to a Currency Conversion Fee of 3.5%). Card cannot be used: at an ATM for any purpose to withdraw cash or for cash equivalent transactions; anywhere there is no electronic processing capability; for recurring payments, direct debits or instalments; at gambling merchants; or at merchants displaying the Visa logo who choose not to accept prepaid Visa cards. The Visa card carries the Visa logo like any Visa card, but because it is a prepaid card, spending is limited to the amount of money placed on the Visa card at the time of purchase. The Visa prepaid card cannot be reloaded with additional funds.
16. The fourth valid entry drawn from all remaining valid entries received will win 12 bottles of mixed kosher wines from Benedikt Imports valued at $300.
The Antique Silver Company Voucher Prize
17. The fifth valid entry drawn from all remaining valid entries received will win a The Antique Silver Company voucher valued at $120. Voucher must be used within 3 months of date of issue, and cannot be exchanged for cash. Voucher cannot be used on sale items, in conjunction with any other offer, and no discounts apply.
18. The Game: The Game will take place at Chevra Hatzolah Melbourne Inc., 320 Orrong Road, North Caulfield VIC 3161 on 17/07/18 at 3.00pm AEST. In the event that the Participant cannot attend the Game, the Participant may appoint a proxy over 18 years of age to attend and play the Game on the Participant’s behalf, provided that the Participant gives the Promoter written notice to that effect before the start of the Game. In the event that the Promoter has not been able to contact the drawn Participant before the commencement of the Game, a representative of the Promoter will play the Game on the drawn Participant’s behalf.
There will be 199 green coloured keys and 1 gold coloured key placed in a non-transparent bag of solid colour and weight at the commencement of the Game. The Participant (or proxy, if applicable) must choose only one key from the bag, without looking inside the bag. If the Participant (or proxy, if applicable) is found to have breached this condition, they will be disqualified.
If the Participant (or proxy, if applicable) selects the gold key from the bag, then, subject to verification by the judges, the Participant will win $250,000 awarded in the form of a cheque.
If the Participant (or proxy, if applicable) selects a green key from the bag, then the $250,000 prize will not be given away and, subject to verification by the judges, the Participant will win a Round Brilliant Cut Diamond (GIA certified) valued at $10,000, and a voucher valued at $1,000 towards a setting for the diamond. The Participant must collect their prize from The Diamond
Guys, Suite 303/566 St Kilda Road, Melbourne VIC 3000. The Participant will be presented with a selection of diamonds by The Diamond Guys, and will be able to choose one from this selection. The diamond chosen by the Participant will have an independent valuation certificate.
In the event that a proxy of the Participant or a representative of the Promoter plays the Game on the Participant’s behalf, the prize selected in the Game will be awarded to the drawn Participant.
All ancillary costs associated with taking part in the Game, including, but not limited to transport to and from the Game, will be the responsibility of the Participant.
19. The drawn Participant’s odds of winning the $250,000 prize are 1:200.
20. In the event that a winner (despite reasonable attempts by the Promoter to contact the winner) does not claim their prize within 28 days of the draw, their prize will be forfeited.
21. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the diamond prize are not included. If the diamond chosen has a retail value less than $10,000 the difference will not be awarded as cash. Any unused balance of the setting voucher will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the setting voucher is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the voucher.
22. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the Visa Only 1 prepaid card are not included. Any unused balance of the Visa Only 1 prepaid card will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the Visa Only 1 prepaid card is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the Visa Only 1 prepaid card.
23. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming The Antique Silver Company voucher are not included. Any unused balance of The Antique Silver Company voucher will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of The Antique Silver Company voucher is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the voucher.
24. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
25. If a winner of any prize is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner's nominated parent or guardian.
26. If for any reason a winner does not take a prize (or an element of the prize) by the time specified by the Promoter then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited
27. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from the Victorian Commission for Gambling Regulation.
28. Total potential prize pool value is up to $254,420.
29. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
30. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
31. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from the Victorian Commission for Gambling & Liquor Regulation, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
32. Liability for any tax (other than FBT) arising out of participation in this promotion (including acceptance of a prize) is the sole responsibility of the entrant. Entrants should seek independent financial advice in this regard.
33. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in Victoria (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
34. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize
claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) participation in the Game; or (f) use/taking of a prize.
35. As a condition of accepting a prize, each winner (and any companion/s, if applicable) must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter, prize suppliers and promotion organisers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
37. The Promoter is Chevra Hatzolah Melbourne Inc of 320 Orrong Road, Caulfield North, VIC 3161. ABN 40 115 950 441.
10 July 2017
GOLDEN KEY PROMOTION 2017 WINNERS
Chevra Hatzolah Melbourne Inc. would like to thank the Community for their generous support of the 2017 Golden Key Promotion.
We are proud to announce the winners:
1st Prize - E Presser, 3205
2nd Prize - V Rosenfield & R Fraid, 3142
3rd Prize - E Presser, 3205
4th Prize - T Cohen, 3143
We look forward to the Community's continued support of Hatzolah.
1 May 2017
The 2017 Golden Key Promotion is now open! See the flyer below for further details, and to donate and enter click here.
15 January 2014
For advice on keeping safe and cool during Melbourne's Heatwave, check out our safety tips. They can be found on Hatzolah's Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chevra-Hatzolah-Melbourne-Australia/265536763592470?hc_location=timeline.
19 December 2013
We have had a very busy year at Hatzolah! Our dedicated Responders have attended over 1,300 emergency calls, and we have undertaken a number of exciting projects including "Start the Heart".
Please be advised that the Hatzolah office will be closed from Monday 23 December 2013, and will re-open on Monday 6 January 2014. Donations can still be made online via our website at http://hatzolah.org.au/donations.php during this time, and tax-deductible receipts will be posted out to donors when our office re-opens. If you have an administrative query, you can e-mail us via the contact page on our website or email@example.com and we will reply when our office re-opens.
We are, of course, still attending emergency calls during this time, so to report a medical emergency please call our emergency number, 9527 5111.
Hatzolah takes this opportunity to thank the Community for their generous support of our life saving work during 2013, and wishes everyone a safe and happy summer holiday season.
5 August 2013
The Golden Key Promotion 2013 has now closed. Thank you to all of our generous donors for their support with this fundraiser.
The Golden Key is on again! See below for details, and how to donate.
TO SUPPORT THE LIFE-SAVING WORK OF HATZOLAH THROUGH OUR 2013 GOLDEN KEY PROMOTION, CLICK HERE
We would like to thank our generous sponsors for their continued support of Hatzolah:
Secure Online Donations Facility
Hatzolah's secure online donations facility is now active. Please go to our Donations page for more information, or to donate to Hatzolah's life-saving work.
Hatzolah Gift Cards
Hatzolah Gift Cards are now available from Hatzolah Headquarters. In lieu of a gift for your friend or family member on an occasion, why not make a donation to Hatzolah in their honour?
You can complete the card with your own personal message. It's the ideal way to show the people close to you that you care.
Adele's Open Garden
Support Hatzolah by attending Adele's Open Garden this weekend. Entry is $7.00 (under 18's free), and a percentage of proceeds will go towards supporting Hatzolah. Details are listed below:
Date: Saturday 24 & Sunday 25 November
Time: 10.00am to 4.30pm
Location: 16 Sunhill Road, Glen Iris
There will also be a plant sale and some of the proceeds will also go to Hatzolah.
Hatzolah Communications Centre
The Hatzolah Communications Centre has gone live! Congratulations to our voluntary Calltakers and Dispatchers on the successful completion of their course, and commencing answering and dispatching live emergency calls.